Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Halloween - Audrey's Costume

Audrey was absolutely positive what she wanted to be for Halloween..months before it was time.

She wanted to be a Purple Tinkerbell. Which of course doesn't exist, even in the most creative and unique costume stores.

So this was my first year attempting to sew a costume. I got the pattern (Simplicity 2872), got approval (from Audrey) on the proper material and sat down to try a read the pattern.

And it turned out not to be so bad. Don't get me wrong, I spent a good amount of time with my seam ripper, but, I learned a lot and all in all it went together nicely.

I did cheat and bought the wings - those seemed out of my league. They turned out to be horrible and fell over all the time.

But, most importantly - Audrey loved it! She danced around the room for hours when I finished it, I had to hide it until Halloween so she wouldn't ruin it before the big day.






*hint* there's a sneak peak of Ava's costume in this pic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments or suggestions. Or just to say Hi!