She wanted to be a Purple Tinkerbell. Which of course doesn't exist, even in the most creative and unique costume stores.
So this was my first year attempting to sew a costume. I got the pattern (Simplicity 2872), got approval (from Audrey) on the proper material and sat down to try a read the pattern.
And it turned out not to be so bad. Don't get me wrong, I spent a good amount of time with my seam ripper, but, I learned a lot and all in all it went together nicely.
I did cheat and bought the wings - those seemed out of my league. They turned out to be horrible and fell over all the time.
But, most importantly - Audrey loved it! She danced around the room for hours when I finished it, I had to hide it until Halloween so she wouldn't ruin it before the big day.
*hint* there's a sneak peak of Ava's costume in this pic!!